Alternately titled: You Don't Know What You've Got 'til It's Gone.
A couple of weeks ago I had big plans for my Monday evening. Okay, not really, but I had things I wanted to accomplish (i.e., studying, brewing coffee, packing my lunch, showering, etc.). My plans were thwarted when a transformer blew knocking out the power to half of my apartment building. To make matters more complicated my phone and computer were both in need of a charge. I went out to my car after midnight to scope out the situation and give my phone a little juice as I was worried my alarm wouldn't go off in the morning... it was there in the car that this post was drafted.
Okay, so the scene is set.. what's the lesson learned? I realized I have been living somewhat of a paradoxical life. (At least, from my basic understanding of paradoxes from a lit/comp class in HS.) I have plans for my life, yet I am lazy and let life pass me by. As morbid as it sounds, I never know when God's going to call "lights out" on my life when I still have things left on MY to-do list.
Two issues these realizations brought to light are:
1) I am setting out to accomplish MY plans and not seek God's plan/will for me.
2) I am not guaranteed a tomorrow.
I want to first seek God's will and plan for my life. Secondly, I want to seize the opportunities set before me and not take the blessings, relationships, opportunities, time, etc. I have been given for granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment