I am thankful I never had to question my parents' love for each other or for their children. I felt secure in knowing this. I think some of that security and assuredness was stripped from me when my daddy died. Something still doesn't feel right, and I'm not sure if it ever will. I am grateful for the years they did have together, and do not want to take their love and relationship for granted. I was blessed and I am blessed because they were such a great team.
My family is full of examples of wonderful, loving relationships. Both sets of my grandparents were married for 50+ years, with my paternal grandparents going on 62 years this August. My grandpa never leaves the house or goes a day without telling my grandma he loves her. I hope some day to be so blessed to be married and in love with my best friend for years and years and years.
Psalm 37:4-5 was my grandparents' wedding verse:
Delight thyself also in the Lord;
and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit they way unto the Lord;
trust also in Him;
and He shall bring it to pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment