Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wants

What do I want? I think I'm having a hard time sorting out what I want. And not only what I want, but what I want now, in the immediate future, and in the distant future. I feel a little selfish focusing so much on what I want. I feel confused or undecided about what I really want.


  • I want a job, yes, but I don't want just any job.
  • I want to have connections/relationships where I live and work. 
  • I want to do normal, adult life in the same city as my boyfriend. -or- I want to know that there will be an end to long distance someday.
  • I want it all: the job and the guy.


When discussing the job search process tonight, my boyfriend told me, "I don't want to hold you back." I understand that he doesn't want me to take a job for the sake of taking a job and to end up working somewhere I am unhappy. I can't help but think of these song lyrics when I think about what I really want...      I want you to want me.


What am I willing to sacrifice if I can't have it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment