Friday, June 22, 2012

Purpose and Worship

And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, 
for their own good and for the good of their descendants. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me. 
(Jeremiah 32:39-40)


After reading this passage I immediately highlighted it. That first line struck me as simple, yet powerful. [I will give them  one purpose: to worship me.] Is it really that simple and straightforward? Is my purpose simply to worship Him? I also found it interesting that I am to worship God for my own good, but also for the good of my descendants. I am so thankful the generations before me worshipped God and made sure that He was part of my upbringing. I like that not only does God want my purpose to be to worship Him, but that He will put the desire to worship Him in my heart. Next up: figure out what it looks like and means to worship Him forever.


These verses have also prompted me to reread The Purpose Driven Life to look further into God's purpose for my life and living my life with purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment