Sunday, January 1, 2012

Not Settling

A few years ago a friend gave each of us in Bible study a notecard with a message. She felt that God was speaking to her while spending time in prayer and preparation for that week's study. The individualized messages we received were a result of her sweet, sweet time with the Lord.

I do not remember the exact wording of my message, but it essentially told me not to settle. I definitely felt that this message was meant just for me. It was encouraging, but it also caused me to pause, reflect, and question things in my life. It honestly was a bit of a wake up call or slap in the face. I am not sure, however, that I have truly lived this out from that day forward. In fact, I am pretty sure there are times I have gone against this wisdom because it meant leaving things that were comfortable for unknowns and change. I'll never know for sure, but I feel like I may have missed out on blessings by not making some of those decisions and taking some of those risks God has nudged me to take.

As I reflect back my notecard I am challenging myself to cling to that message and to strive not to settle anymore. Whatever the opposite of "not settling" is, then that's what I want my life to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment