When I was younger, I loved playing hide and seek. Well, that's not completely true, I loved finding the best spots and hiding. I felt so sneaky when I found a really good spot. I didn't like the game as much when it was my turn to search.
If God were to play hide and seek He would be the best Seeker.
Sometimes when I am scared or ashamed I try to hide from Him. If I am completely honest, those feelings of fear and shame that cause me to hide stem from my sinful, sneaky nature. This kind of reminds me of Adam and Eve in the Garden when they basically hear God coming, are afraid, and try to hide from Him. I don't know why they thought they could get away with this, or why I think I can either. Clearly the Seeker already knows where I am and why I am hiding.
Although I loved to hide as a child I also enjoyed the anticipation of being found. It's exciting to know someone is searching for you and pursuing you. There is comfort in knowing that we will not be left hiding in the darkness indefinitely. There is excitement in someone exclaiming, "Oh, there you are!"
Ultimately, I love to be found by Him.
One of the purposes of this blog is to record the times I try to hide from Him, my pursuits to seek Him, and the joy of being found in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment